Nanta Show : Should or Shouldn't?

Hey..I'm pretty tired lately and decided to take some time off from blogging for a while. ^^

I have been asked whether I went to any theatre performance in Seoul before.

I did.

Watched Nanta in Myeongdong but not really enjoying the full lengthy show of 1 hour and a half. In fact, I have mixed opinion on it though.

It was a few days before I left Seoul and watched it with Mi Hyeon when we had nothing specific to do at Myeongdong. Her husband dropped us off in front of Woori Bank and we saw people gathered in front of the Myeongdong Theatre.

I am not so much into theatre. Slept in a theatre hall once when I watched a very lame performance so long time ago and swore that I'm not gonna watch any ever again. Since Mi Hyeon's credit card had a joined offer from Outback Steakhouse (Daniel Henney was the spokesperson for this restaurant at that time) and Nanta Show, so we decided to jump into the chance.


 

Not that I'm gonna meet Daniel Henney but maybe my perspective on watching theatre would change for the better ^^.



Nanta Official Website: http://nanta.i-pmc.co.kr/en/index.asp
Ticket Price: ranging from 60,000 to 40,000 won
Discount: 10% for member, 20% for WWOOFERs (bring your WWOOF card for verification)
Check out the website for coupon and booking.
Theater Location: Myeongdong, Gangnam, Jeju Island and Gangbuk Jeong Dong

 

The Myeongdong Nanta theatre from inside. I sat second row from the front.

The map to Myeongdong Nanta Theatre.

My point - I was thrilled for the first half hour because I sighted one eye candy among the performers. Hahaha..All of them were pretty good looking! They didn't speak in any specific language so don't worry thinking that you won't be able to understand them. The theme is about cooking in a kitchen and they have all the drama to pique your interest. Kids would love this show cause it's pretty hilarious most of the time. Of course they will have a joker to cheer up the stage, a love plot between the pretty chef and the hunky one and a revenge plot between the chefs and the manager.

After half an hour, I got bored. Was it only me? Nope..a middle aged japanese women sitting next to me slept for a good half an hour. The plot was draggy and repetitive in the middle and only towards the end that they decided to pick a few audiences to join the stage.

I'm not gonna say that it is an amazing show but you gonna love it. Not really a must but if you have exhausted your itinerary in Seoul then this might be it. Enjoy!

0 Responses

댓글 쓰기

abcs