Friends of Budget Travel to Korea

Friends?

Those websites or resources which can help us to reduce expenses and enjoy the sights and trip more in Korea deserve to be called a friend. Perhaps BFF? (Best Friend Forever)

*Assuming you are not acquainted with any Korean natives


List of friends would be:

1. Newsletter from Airlines

My advice is to subscribe to all applicable airlines. They would from time to time send a lucrative deal to grab for different sectors. The offer will be limited to certain travel period and most of the time you can’t refund if you cancel your plan. Nevertheless, through this you would be able to reduce your flight expenses significantly.

For example; I went to HongKong on February 2009 for one week via Cathay Pacific offer equivalent to RM500 ~ USD138 for a return ticket. Normal ticket would double or triple of that price.

You may subscribe to these Airlines (with online/e-ticketing), as I did:

Malaysia Airlines


Cathay Pacific

Singapore Airline

AirAsia

2. Tour2Korea

I am very impressed with their website. It is very informative and almost a one-stop destination of all the things that you need to know about Korea. Superb! Seventy percent of the information here is enough for you to track the places but for budget travel in Korea, you may need to rely on a few other resources.

3. Lonely Planet

Most of budget traveler definitely know what Lonely Planet is. I frequently visit their thorn tree forum for Korea to get some advice from experienced traveler and even locals who replied in the forum. It’s online and most of the time is the latest information that you can absorb. 100% helpful and definitely will help to reduce your expense with proper planning.

4. Trip Advisor

Research..research..research. I can’t stress enough on this word. Even before going that road, I would only survive with tips and advise from this website. They are really systematic and structure their website in a very user-friendly mode. I like it when all of those travelers joined ideas and experience for other newbie like me. Massive information can be gained from here and in fact I did a lot of research on budget accommodation from this site as well. All those reviews are pretty reliable. One more thing, don't forget to subsribe to their newsletter.

5. Youtube

Seeing is believing. Right? Glad that other kind souls out there put extra effort and broadcast their videos in Youtube. Youtube is really a work of art. In terms of budget traveling, the pros are all on us. The travelers basically giving advise through this videos whether a place is worth a visit or happening places that you just cannot miss during your travel. I’m glad that I surf through youtube.

6. Fellow bloggers

If you can see that I link to a few bloggers in my blog. This is for me to keep myself up to date on the places that I want to visit. For example, Gwangju is definitely going to be my spot. Thanks to Kimchi and Cornbread, I could keep abreast with what happen around that area. Most of the bloggers that I link to, they are either have been there or currently there. It would be better if you could find a native blog but finding an English written blog by native Korean is a challenge for me. A mission for me though.
0 Responses

댓글 쓰기

abcs